The ship serves as a sophisticated and stylish base for her guests’ travels, blending expedition expertise with boutique hospitality. The Magellan Explorer has been built from the ground up to be the best platform for air-cruise operations. Several international polar expedition experts contributed to the ship’s design in order to improve visitors’ expedition experiences. The ship is developed to the most recent Polar Code criteria, with an ice class of Polar Class 6 (Lloyd’s Register PC6). The ship has stabilizers, bow and stern thrusters, and ice-detecting radar for safe and comfortable navigation. The Magellan Explorer is incredibly stable, even in a heavy motion sea. To decrease its environmental impact, the ship is outfitted with an energy-recovery technology that recycles engine heat to warm up the ship and its water supply.
What we love about Magellan Explorer:
• up to 73 passengers guarantee a very intimate polar experience
• built in accordance with the most recent Polar Code criteria, with a Polar Class 6 ice-class (Lloyd’s Register PC6)
• stabilizers, bow and stern thrusters, and ice-detecting radar for safe and comfortable navigation
• equipped with an energy-recovery technology that recycles engine heat to warm up the ship and its water supply
• modern and elegant interior design
• glass-enclosed observation lounge
• sauna and fitness center on board
• high food quality and excellent hospitality staff
|Luxury star rating:|
|Ice Class:||6 ice-class (Lloyd’s Register PC6)|
Our plan is to explore the South Shetland Islands and the west coast of the Antarctic Peninsula known for their stunning landscapes and abundant wildlife, including penguins, seals, and whales.